Canadian Down Under

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Flirting with Strangers

Actually, it was more like stranger flirting with me.

I was on the bus heading back from Bondi Junction to Circular Quay - about a half hour bus ride. It was a hot sticky afternoon and I was totally relaxed, looking out the window trying to understand the layout of Sydney as the bus travelled the city streets. It was almost rush hour, so traffic was pretty much stop and go. As I was gazing out the window, I noticed at one of the street side cafes on Oxford Street that a waiter was taking a break and casually sitting at one of the tables outside the cafe. Just as the bus started up and we were moving forward, I realised he was looking at me - and when he realised he had caught my eye - he winked and gave me a really mischievous grin. It was infectious - I smiled back.

Amazing how such a small gesture in such a short space of time managed to make me feel so good for such an extended period of time.

Flirting, what a wonderful thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home