Canadian Down Under

Friday, March 11, 2005

It's not my destiny...

...to exercise today.

I did try.

I left work right at 5 to catch the early ferry so I could make it to the 50 metre pool before it closed, but the ferry was late. Despite that, I got my bathers (bathing suit for you Canadians..) on, got in my car and was on my way to the pool, calculating how much time I would have before shut down and how many lengths I could jam in. Figuring I'd have about 20 minutes - best case, I could squeeze in a full kilometre, or at the very least 750 metre. Not bad after a long day... But no, of all the times I've driven to the pool, I've never gotten lost or made a wrong turn. Until today.

So I gave up.

On the pool idea, that is.

Since I was basically dressed for swimming, I thought maybe the ocean would be a good second choice. Not a full scale workout, but at least I wouldn't be vegetating on my couch. Got to the beach but there was absolutely NO ONE in the water. Bizarre. I know it's starting to get cooler in the evenings these days, but still, it's only just the beginning of autumn... So, figured I'd go anyway. There were plenty of waves, but overall, the water didn't look too rough.

With my clothes off (bathing suit still on though..EASY!), and the waves lapping at my feet, I looked down at the water and realised why no one was swimming. Blue bottles. Nasty little jelly fish - they may be little, but they pack a hell of a sting.

I tried to get in a workout. I tried again and I tried again. All in vain. I think I was just not destined for exercise. However, on my home though, I discovered I was destined for a dark chocolate Toblerone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home