Canadian Down Under

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Pedantic

It's the perfect word. A guy I work with is pedantic.

He's a nice guy. Knowledgeable. Helpful. Yet he's pedantic - and it's making me mental.

You know, helpful isn't always good. Why - when you ask a specific question - why can't people give a specific answer? I know the back story is meant to be helpful, but by the time the person gets around to answering my question, I'm either no longer listening, I've forgotten what I've asked or I'm so confused by the deluge of words being directed at me that it all becomes gibberish.

Just answer the question!! Let me ask questions AFTER that if I think I need more info.

Why did I think working with Australian bankers would be different? Bankers are bankers no matter where you go....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home