Canadian Down Under

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Nectar of the Gods

Coke (Capital "C" Coke that is - as in Coca-Cola).

I've tried giving up. Now I've just decided to give up giving up. I think I'll be much more successful at that.

Why is Coke so wonderful? Well despite its many additives, sugars and artificial colourings - it's just plain yummy.

It tastes good. It make me feel good. If I'm feeling a little off-kilter , a couple of sips is enough to make me feel right as rain. Rumour has it that it's the potassium that helps settle an upset stomach. I don't know if that's true, but it is a fact that if you can get a can of the "Black Doctor" into you - it'll cure your hangover. Hasn't failed me yet! (Though that might be more due to me not drinking it until I feel semi-human. However, once I do, I move very quickly from semi-human to human!)

Okay, okay, I know its full of caffeine and sugar, it'll make me fat and/or make my skin erupt in unsightly blemishes - but I'm okay with that. (That's really saying something if you only knew how obsessed I am about my weight and skin.)

But today, as I was ordering my lunch, I was thinking I could either have a Coke, a water, a flavoured mineral water, or a juice. Then I thought: I don't like juice and I'm not in the mood for water. I could have a mineral water but it's just as bad for me as a Coke so why not have what I want?

So, that's how it came about. In the range of possible additions I could have, being addicted to Coke (the soft drink) is so far down the list of deadly/illegal/immoral/unhealthy things I could do, that I'm not going to sweat it anymore.

Ahhh - how sweet it is to enjoy the nectar of the Gods - Guilt free!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home