Canadian Down Under

Sunday, April 03, 2005

House Inspection

I've been a little remiss in keeping up to date on the developments with the Big Sister program. (Thanks to the words of encouragement from tomama and chantz...) But so far, it's all good.

Did my day training a few weeks ago and since then things have progressed pretty quickly. Got a call almost immediately to tell me about a potential match - checked out the driving distance (everything is far from Manly...) and gave the thumbs up to go ahead with the process. (FYI - I have decided that in fairness to the potential 'Little' and in keeping with the spirit of the program, I won't be recounting any particulars/specifics about the Little - but may give updates on how it's going - especially if I do something stupid (pretty good odds of that...)). Just heard back that the girl and her family are excited to meet me.

Very cool.

Next step is my home inspection. Seeing as I don't have anything illegal or dangerous in my flat I should be okay. As long as they don't care about cleanliness.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home