Canadian Down Under

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Logic Puzzles

Logic puzzles are my newest private addiction... (See this earlier post for the original private addition) I used to do them occasionally while traveling just to keep my grey matter active (if you've ever backpacked for any length of time - you'll know how quickly your brain shuts off...) but lately - despite not traveling - I've started doing them again. Perhaps my recent spate of solo suntanning on the beach has made me feel like a traveler again in the sense that I spend a large majority of the day doing nothing....

At any rate, I have become addicted. It started with just doing them on the beach, then it was doing them on the way to work, on the way from work, then I even started doing them in the evenings while watching tv (come on - I didn't give up tv!)

And the scariest part of all? I only have my ex-boyfriend Craig to thank for it. Years ago, when I was dating him I went on an extended trip and as a going away present he gave me a book of logic puzzles. (Only one of the many reasons why we're no longer together. Logic puzzles as a going away gift from a boyfriend? How romantic... And that was an improvement over the birthday present - but I won't go into that.) I guess it is true that there's a silver lining to every cloud - sometimes it just takes a while to see it.

So if you ever feel like you need a mental challenge - try Dell's logic puzzles. There are worse things to be addicted to!

(I really am a nerd!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home