Canadian Down Under

Monday, April 04, 2005

Stuck in the 80's

My addiction to American Idol has led me down a very shady path...memory lane as it were. See, I was watching the other week and one of the girls sang one of my favourite songs from the 80's - and in my opinion (although contrary to the judge's opinions) she mangled it.

But it stuck with me so that for the last two weeks I've been singing in my head (even went so far as to look up the lyrics on the net) - or at least I've been trying to sing it in my head but she mangled it so badly, I just can't get the tune right.

Or I couldn't until this afternoon. This afternoon I went out and bought 'Best Hits of the 80's" 3 CD compilation just so I could hear 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' sung properly. But that little glimpse down memory lane ended up turning into a long leisurely stroll as I listened to song after song from the 80's (you folks do remember REO Speedwagon don't you?).

I'm getting a LOT done at my new job.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home