Canadian Down Under

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Time to Move?

Earlier I wrote that I had been thinking about moving, but was procrastinating... And after my spectacular purchase that day, my flat seemed homier and I kind of got over the idea of moving. I had kind of resolved that even though I think I pay too much in rent, my place has grown on me and that the good outweighed the bad.

At the same time, a friend I know out here is looking to move out from her current flat and has suggested maybe we find a place together. I'm not against the idea but I have a few reservations: my last flat sharing experience was a disaster and I'm a little worried that I've just gotten too used to living on my own. On the upside though I've generally quite enjoyed living with others and maybe sharing a flat will reduce some of the loneliness I've been feeling lately. A quandry really...

Until today that is....

I was on the way to the pool today (for a workout - too cold here now for leisure swimming...) and had just left my flat when a policeman walked by me down the hall. Unusual - and when I looked around I saw my neighbour in the hallway. Apparently, they had just arrested someone who had tried to burgle her flat. Scary part is that her son came home, saw the door was open, found a guy searching the flat and wrestled him to the ground and called the police.

This all happened on a Sunday morning at 11 am.

Hmmmm, looks like its time to move...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home