Canadian Down Under

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Mr. & Mrs. Smith

I didn't want to like it. Just out of principle, I didn't want to like it.

I wanted there to be no chemistry. I wanted Brad to come off as an asshole. I'm not really sure why I wanted that to happen . I think I just wanted it that way as retribution for his marriage not working - I mean the guy got married without ever really thinking it would last. Huh??? Isn't marriage suppose to be for life? Isn't that what the vows say? (obviously I've never been married, otherwise I might know the answer to that question). So for that reason - not simply because the marriage failed - but because he went into it believing it would fail, I wanted his movie to fail. To have some commercial failure to accompany his current life failures.

I'm a little harsh aren't I? hard to believe I wasn't raised by a strict Catholic with that kind of thinking, but then I was raised two parents that believed it was until death do you part. Mind you, they are parted now - but that is because one of them died....

(I really am a sick fucker sometimes... I actually think that last comment is funny - just not sure how well that's translating via the blog...)

Anyway - back to the movie. It's not going to win any academy awards, the premise is preposterous - but it was ENTERTAINING. Silly, funny (Brad Pitt is really great at the one-liners) entertainment. I mean - I wouldn't pay to see it twice - but I don't regret the money I spent.

Who knew? Maybe I'm not as unforgiving as I think I am...

Still not convinced they're a couple, but maybe I'm just being naive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home