Canadian Down Under

Friday, July 01, 2005

I love my friends!!!

Seriously – I have some great friends. (Too bad all of them live in Canada whereas I live in Australia…. Damn…..)

The last few weeks there’s been a lot going on. Trying to organise my life – in the sense that I’ve been looking for a new job – which has finally come through – YEAH ME!!!!! – and then trying to figure out the appropriate start date. Why this matters so much is my trip home.

I have planned a trip to Canada for Christmas this year – mostly because I was so homesick last year I thought I’d never make it through another so I booked tickets early. Funnily enough – I was in 35 degree+ weather but absolutely yearning for snow….. So that was it. Booked. I was going home.

Then a bunch of other stuff happened and it seemed – mostly for family reasons – that going home in August was a good idea. My oldest brother would be home and I would get to meet his girlfriend and her kids…. see my mother…. see my best friends… spend time at the cottage….. Yeah, August became a done deal.

Since then – so many things have been going on. This whole job change thing has become a bit of a soap opera. Never being able to confirm dates is not only tough on me to plan – but makes it virtually impossible to set up things with friends at home – and it’s their summer – so I’m trying not to ruin their plans. But they've been so great about it - all of them just saying I should let them know when I'm home and they'll make themselves available.

How great are they?

But it looks like today it’s been finalised. I’ve got an end date. I’ve got a start date. And I thought I had a departure date until I looked at my tickets and realised they had the WRONG DATE!! My cheap tickets are no longer cheap – as it’s now costing me $500 to change the departure date – but hey – I seem to no longer care – I’m just excited about being able to go home a little earlier and spend a little more time with my friends.

Why?

Because I have great friends and I’ve missed them a lot over the last year. Last time I was home I brought a guy with me – and it became such a whirlwind tour that it was impossible to fit in some quality girlfriend time.

Not this trip.

My first whole week is going to be devoted to my girlfriends and I can’t wait.Two of my girlfriends are going to be very pregnant while I’m there so it’s going to be great fun. Long chats without looking at the clock figuring out how much the phone call is costing. undivided attention and facial expressions to go with the comments. It’s all good!! And it’s been sorely missed…..

Six weeks! I can barely contain myself!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home