Canadian Down Under

Thursday, September 15, 2005

As luck would have it....

I have been putting off and putting off buying new tires for my car (see post below which might explain why...)

See, when I got my rego renewed for my car last year, the guy inspecting my car would only pass me if I promised, and I mean promised (he made me say it three times) to get new tires. Well, that was March - and funnily enough its now September and I hadn't quite made it yet...

But the guilt was getting to me (and the squealing tires as I turned corners) so I finally took my car to the local garage - the garage the helped me out when I blew my radiator hose - also known as the garage that repaired my hose instead of making me buy a complete new whatchamacallit (that's as technical as I can get when it comes to cars).

So you know what? Apparently my tires still have about 5,000 kms of life left in them. Huh, imagine that. 5,000 kms. Considering I only drive on weekends - and generally not too far - that could last me another year!

Yeah! That should save me about $600 in the short term. Yeah!!!

Hmmm, seems my rego guy went to the same school of ripping off foreigners as my dentist - but I'll save that story for another day....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home