Canadian Down Under

Friday, September 09, 2005

"Your ship is about to sail in"

"You've given up hope", she said, "but too early! See - look at the card - in the background a ship is about to sail in."

Yup. I'm weak. I've indulged once again in my private addiction .

But it couldn't be helped!

See, when I was home, I went out for dinner with two of my girlfriends for a "catch up" at one of my old haunts, Southern Accent. (One of the great things about being home is that you get to pick the restaurant!) Naturally, I chose the cool little Cajun place with good food, great atmosphere and - as luck would have it - a tarot card reader! Imagine that! So how could I not go? Really....that would almost be rude. Wouldn't it?

So, the gist of my reading was all good (no wonder I'm addicted!) Apparently - as mentioned earlier - my ship is about to sail in! More specifically, I'm to expect a ring sometime in April. (The funny thing is both my mom and my best friend have separately come to the conclusion (and independently of the aforementioned tarot reading) that I'm going to get married next year. Hmmm.... methinks I should try dating first.... but hey, maybe an arranged marriage is just what I need!) However, since the psychic lady said that I already know this man (note: this is the first time ANY psychic has said that! so far from the usual "you haven't yet met" crap I'm used to hearing...) the theories and guesses that have abounded since then from friends and family are numerous. There are two distinct camps: one with all my friends who think it's this guy I mentioned in passing (commented on what a great butt he has) and there there's my mother who has decided its someone who I'd have thought she would consider unsuitable.

Now most people would go with the majority, however, there is a small twist. See, according to my mother the other night,while she was heavily under the influence of wine (hysterically funny because she's usually such a teetotaler!) she admitted/confessed that she's "a touch" psychic. (I'm thinking just "touched"....) Now how can you argue with that?

Well time will tell. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

In other news, this psychic saw that I was changing jobs, that I'd really love it because - for once - I found a place I belonged. I'd make two really great friends there and I will be well liked, invested in and promoted.

So, all in all, I'll have a good job, "real" love and I'd finally feel settled.

I now have a new favourite psychic. Too bad she's in Canada! But then again, on second thought.......

1 Comments:

  • Welcome to my blog! Now go read my brother's
    Army National Guard 1st Lt. Christopher Whong's exciting blog: http://chris.whong.org/ News Assistant Jason Whong's boring blog: http://jason.whong.org/ I am a journalist.
    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I am so happy! Just managed to get a top 10 position on Yahoo! Do you want to know which free software did it for me? But don’t tell anyone else about the free software .Have a nice day.
    J. Patric S.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home