Canadian Down Under

Thursday, September 22, 2005

I am so weak

I have been so good lately!!! No chocolate in ages!!!! Well....except for the hot chocolate at the Lindt cafe (Yup, Lindt has a cafe here where you can get almost anything chocolate, including hot chocolate where they steam the milk and give you a little jug of melted chocolate to mix in yourself. Yum!!!) But to be fair - when my boss - my new boss, that is - asks me to go, it'd just be impolite to say no...No?

Other than that, I've been good. Eating salads for dinner, remembering to have breakfast and no midday snacks (really, I'm so amazing I amaze myself sometimes..) Until tonight. I stopped in at the grocery store on my way home to get a piece of fruit to go with my salad dinner tonight (I told you I was amazing!) and it was game over.

Well, actually I resisted initially - walked down the candy aisle - looked, thought about it, but didn't pick up. But the I saw them - Mars and Snickers - and I was done.

See - a little while back the company that makes those chocolate bars removed all product from all shelves in New South Wales due to anonymous threat that some of the chocolate had been poisoned. They did these amazing commercials where the president of the company explained the situation and what they were doing about and how product would not return to any shelf until they could assure consumers/customers that the product was safe.

They did the right thing - and I'm sure at great expense to themselves - but they did the right thing. For that, I swore when the product was once again sold here, I would buy Snickers and Mars to the exclusion of all other chocolate. Yet when I came back from Canada and saw it on the shelves again, I resisted. I resisted because I am now treating my body as a temple once again (need to do something after eating 1/2 pound of bacon every day while away.... sorry Aussie's don't know how to do bacon!).

Here I was treating my body like a temple - yet I felt guilty for not buying chocolate. I mean I could have bought it and not eaten it..... Yeah, no. That would never have happened. So anyway - the guilt was getting to me.

Guilt. Yeah, that's why I cracked....

I am so going to enjoy this chocolate bar!

1 Comments:

  • Hey, we all have our weak points. Sometimes it's nice to indulge! :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home