Canadian Down Under

Thursday, November 03, 2005

I crack me up

Seriously - sometimes I'm the funniest person I know.

I've been emailing back and forth with this out-of-town guy (who shall remain nameless) and just recently, the idea of meeting up again when I'm home at Christmas has been broached. Now, this guy has some major other life commitments which restrict his ability to pick up and leave at a moment's notice - especially around Christmas. I know about them and have no issues with them - but he either thinks I don't get it, or there's someone in his past that didn't get it so he's being extra-cautious.

His first email said he'd like to see me and wanted to know my travel dates to see if he could swing it, but he wasn't sure. In his second email on the subject he said he was trying to figure out his schedule but he couldn't make any promises. In his third email, he said he was "eyeing my dates with interest but could make no promises" (where does he get this shit from?)

My thoughts? I'm not really fussed, if he wants to come and he can, then he will, but there's little I can do to influence the situation and truly - I only want to see him if he wants to see me. It's just he's being extra-cautious super-careful about managing my expectations (ie. not committing) that it's cracking me up. So, my response?

"What do you mean it's not a for sure? I've already organised a party in your honour, the relatives are coming in to meet you..... My mother's very excited."
He'll either think it's funny or I'm spending Christmas alone....

Ah well, at least I think I'm funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home