Canadian Down Under

Sunday, November 06, 2005

I don't know if this will seal my fate....

but I've decided to buy a cat.

I've thought about buying a dog, but my life is not conducive to looking after a dog at the moment. I'm near the beach, so it would be great to go for a walk every evening, but I live in a flat and there's no outdoors just outside the door. And a dog is a lot of work for just me. What if I were to work late? Who would feed the dog dinner? Take him for a walk?

But the thought of coming home each night to a furry face that's happy to see me....well, it's just SO appealing.

But, if you no can do a dog would a cat be a good substitute, no?

I mean, there's no way a cat will great me at the door wagging its tail with a "I'm so happy you're home" message, but maybe a "where you been, I'm hungry. Wait! No touching until I see some food lady!" message will be a sufficient substitute.

And a cat doesn't take up the whole bed.

I'm thinking I really like this idea.....

I know, I know, single woman with cats does not "a guy magnet" make, but hey, it's not like men are exactly beating down my door at the moment (least none in this country) and besides - at least I'd have someone/something to keep me warm at night!!!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home