Canadian Down Under

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I was happily living in delusional land...until today

Today I went to the doctor.

The fact that I actually went to a doctor didn't bring me out of delusional land. Nope.

The fact that my doctor is worried about me becoming addicted to codeine didn't bring me out of delusional land either.

Nor did the prescription of a preventative medication (in case I've never mentioned it, despite my apparent worrying use of codeine, I'm not particular fond of taking any kind of medication...)

So what brought me harshly back into the cold, cruel world of reality? These five little words: "Please step on the scale."

I tried not to look. I swear. But noooooo, I had to look.

Uggh. It's official - I'm fat! I actually weigh 20 pounds more now than I did when I was hiking through New Zealand. 20 POUNDS PEOPLE!!!!! Granted I was very thin then; exercising a lot (no money for a car or public transport), not eating much (not much money for food and definitely no extras), but 20 pounds in three years. Yowsa!

Looks like my days of chocolate and never ending bon bons is over..And just in time for Christmas. Could my timing be any better?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home