Canadian Down Under

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Crap! I've been tagged!

Thanks to expat I now have to share "Five Weird Things About Me".

When I first was tagged, I figured it'd would be a piece of cake. I mean five normal things about me would've been a little harder. I even commented to Expat that the hardest part of it all would be thinking of only five.

Me and my big mouth.

So, after some thinking, this is the best I've got:

Five Weird Things About Me

1. I apply sunscreen with a spatula. But if you've been reading my blog (or more specifically this entry) at all, you would've already known that, so I won't explain again.

2. I don't like to be spoken to while watching tv. I mean at all. Not a word. I will pretend not to hear people in the hopes that they go away. If they don't (say... if you're my mother) I will either rudely grunt in answer, sigh loudly in an extreme exaggerated way or throw a hissy fit in the hopes that they'll (she'll) go away. It takes a lot to get me to answer civilly. It's best to tape a show if you want to disturb me.

3. When I'm hungover, I can't drink water. Not a drop. It's the surest way to make me vomit.

4. I don't fully function in the morning. I can do anything except talk; I can shower, dress, cook, cleanup, but can't hold a conversation. If spoken to, I lose the ability to do all the above. My old flatmate thinks that's weird.

5. I unknowingly stare at people. It's not until they call me on it that I realise that I've been doing it. Take Vancouver airport for instance: a stewardess and pilot were talking while we were waiting for our plane to arrive (just 30 minutes late, no big deal.... Tell me - does Air Canada actually make money?) and their conversation seemed so animated that I was fascinated. Didn't realise I was staring until the guy who looked like a pilot said: "Can I help you?" I answered "No". And then apparently I forgot to look away because the guy who looked like a pilot asked me again "Are you sure I can't help you." I felt like answering "Well no, many people have tried to no avail, but thanks anyway." But I didn't. I just mumbled 'no' and looked away. Can I help it that I like to people watch?


So, to be honest, I don't actually think that the list above is all that weird, because well.... it's what makes me... "me".

Is that weird?

Now let's see if tomama, mitch or dodge are weirder than me. Yup, I've just tagged them.

3 Comments:

  • With a spatula? Really?!?!?! :) I *HAVE TO* read that post.

    By Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com, at 1:08 AM  

  • Damn you! lol, stay tuned...

    By Blogger Mitch, at 8:05 AM  

  • Woohoo to spreading the "5 Weird Things About Me" love! ;) LOL

    I like to people watch as well, but I try to be discreet about it. Nothing is quite so fascinating as watching other people go about mundane tasks.

    The spatula thing is a little weird, but it is also the mark of a genius! :)

    By Blogger Expat, at 1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home