Canadian Down Under

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Foul

Me.

Foul.

Remember that old Kleenex commercial? You know the one where the lady gets on the bus on a really crappy winter day - the sleety, snowy, windy, cold kind of a day. The bus is jam packed and she sneezes because she's got a cold and everyone in the packed bus tries to inch as far away from her as possible? Wait - on second thought, maybe it wasn't a Kleenex commercial.... maybe it Tylenol Cold & Flu..... Whatever. But the commercial tagline is:

"When you don't want to be near people, and they don't want to be near you."

Well, welcome to my world today. I am SOOOOOOO grumpy. And you know? I really don't have a good reason. I mean I could come up with some excuses like:
  • I'm sleep deprived.
  • I've hurt my dodgy back again
  • I have only crap tasks to do today at work
  • I'm single yet again....still....
  • There are no prospects to resolving the evil of singledom anywhere
  • When the announcement that I'd be filling in for my boss when she was on leave was made - some of my co-workers didn't take it so well... (I'd tell you how they were whispering about me and I caught them, but then you'd only think I was paranoid. Will high school never end?)
  • I'm spending too much money and can't stop. (Because I like it)
  • I'll never be able to buy a house because I spend too much money
  • I'm heavier than I want to be (and no one is disagreeing with me...)
  • I'm too curvy a build to ever be considered skinny
  • I haven't won the lottery

Okay, I know I'm becoming ridiculous...yet still, I could go on. And I know that I have a place to live, food to eat and friends and family who love me and I should count my blessings, but.... I just don't feel like it today.

An old friend from business school days used to call times like these 'PBP'. Also known as 'post bender paranoia.' But I'm not quite suffering from paranoia today, just grumpiness. It's like a hangover from my hangover.

I think I'll call it hangover apathy.

Hmmm. Fits.

1 Comments:

  • When I'm in a really grumpy mood, I wallow in it. I'm serious. I give myself permission to be totally angry, sad, miserable or whatever for exacty 24 hours. That way, I get it all out for a while. And you know what? The next day, I usually feel A LOT better.

    Hope tomorrow goes better for you.

    By Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com, at 12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home