Canadian Down Under

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I'm in a tree-hugger kind of mood

Why?

Well, because I had such a good day yesterday, the good feelings are spilling over today. I'm sure it won't last, but I had to share while it was happening.

So what's been happening? Regular sex? You gotta be kidding (and who knew you could be so funny?)

Well, in answer to the question above, nothing particularly spectacular, but a whole lot of little things. The problem with being dumped is that you can (especially if you're the personality type that I am) take rejection personally (really - is there any other way to take it?). And instead of realising that really the guy is a fuckwit and didn't deserve you in the first place, you think you are the one who is the loser.

But not yesterday.

Yesterday was a day of unsolicited compliments. I can't tell you the number of people who decided that yesterday was the day to tell me what a wonderful person I am. Seriously. It started with practically my first conversation of the day at the chiropractor, I was speaking to the assistant who was helping me with something and she asked how I was this week. I had mentioned the previous week that I was having a bad week but had not mentioned why - so yesterday I told her. I told her I had been a tad down because I'd been dumped and the first thing out of her mouth? "Well, that's his loss because you're a lovely person."

Totally unsolicited and so very appreciated.

Then my day ended with a pilates class and as I was checking in, the receptionist, Amy, who is always so cheerful and friendly (and remembers everybody by name - now that's a talent!) and I got to talking. I hadn't seen her in a while because she's been on holidays and I was busy with my guest, so I made a smart-ass comment like, "Miss me?" (One of my favourite taglines) to which I was expecting an equally smart-ass response, but instead she said yes. In fact, what she said was something along the lines "I did miss you. You're so lovely that it's always so nice to see you. "

She's so genuinely sweet that even I couldn't crack a joke then....

So the world's a kind and gentle place these days. I think the cosmic world is trying to tell me something and I've decided to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home