Canadian Down Under

Friday, March 10, 2006

The things I see......

Maybe I'm short tempered. Maybe I'm just better mannered than some, but the last week has been interesting.


A colleague of mine was at her desk and as I walked by, something caught my eye....but not in a good way. If I remember correctly, I looked over at her because she was saying something to me, but I couldn't figure it out because she kind of mumbled. When I looked at her quizzically, she responded "oh, I'm just picking my teeth. You just have to do these things."

Ummm. No. No, you don't. At least not at work. However, I must say, this is the say woman that continually manages to block up the toilets, so I shouldn't be surprised....



I was reading a memo the other day and I think I counted the word 'whilst' 15 times. Is this just an Australian thing? It sounds so weird! And geeky. I mean, I obviously have heard of the word before, but I don't believe anyone in North America every uses it. Am I wrong?



I watched the Oscars the other night (a day later than North America so I already knew the winners) but I have to say:
- George Clooney never disappoints
- Jon Stewart was SOOO funny. Especially since the audience didn't seem to get him. Made it even better.



At the bus stop today, there was this young man/kid (early 20s) who was pretty well groomed - you know, nice shirt which was ironed, clean cut, shaved, styled hair (the style here is pretty much hair spiky with glue - the surfer look). He looked pretty together talking on his mobile phone but when he got off, he walked to the curb and SPIT on the road. In front of the 20 or so people waiting for the bus. Now, in my world this is considered rude. Am I missing something?



I watched the movie Crash the other night. (Been meaning to before the Oscars, but once it won, I HAD to see it.) I loved it. It's been so long since a movie made me hold my breath. And Crash made me do it twice. I'm so glad it won. I did see Brokeback Mountain and I truly believe the more deserving film won. Tonight I'm going to see Walk the Line (Australia's movie release dates are about 6 months behind North America).



I'm suppose to be working at the moment. Work is so over rated!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home