Canadian Down Under

Monday, June 19, 2006

My Mom

You might think I promised not to write about her - but what I really promised was that I wouldn't make fun of her - no matter how tempting that might be....

But seriously - work with me here for a moment - I'm feeling a little sentimental about my mom and how good she is to me, that I felt the need to tell the blogosphere. No, no - of course I haven't told her. Don't be silly!!


So what's brought this on? Well, a weekend of headaches and all of the events of the last few months has made me weak..... but more importantly, I spent quite a few hours on the phone with the woman in question yesterday and it was really nice to talk to her.

It all started because she'd left me a panic message because she'd gotten some mail from the province of Quebec that was all in French but clearly stated I was to be in court in November.

Funny a mother panicking over that one....

But once I reassured her it was only about a speeding ticket (one that I got in 2002. 2002 people!!!! Way to be on top of things....) our conversation naturally progressed to family, friends and eventually to my non-existant love life.

She's so good because she's so practical. And sometimes that's just what I need. She's practical without chastising (seems our relationship has matured....) because I think after all these years she's discovered I'm hard enough on myself that she doesn't need to beat me up as well...

Anyway, she's so reasonable that she calms me down. And then to top it off - she broke from normal practice - and told me how wonderful I am.

My mom rocks!!

Just had to share.

1 Comments:

  • So if you don't show up for court they can mess with your ability to stay in Australia?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home