Canadian Down Under

Thursday, July 13, 2006

My 19th Nervous Breakdown

Also known as 'jean shopping'.

So last week I was moving boxes at work and as I bent down to pick a box up I heard that lovely sound: "rrrrrippppp". Yup, they were toast. Not because they were too tight (I can't emphasize that enough!!!) but because I had completely worn them out.

You know that 'worn out' stage where you've just got them broken in perfectly? and they're one thread away from the garbage? well, mine are no longer one thread away.....

So last Saturday I went jean shopping. And I gotta tell you - it was akin to going straight to hell.

So I gave up.

But tomorrow is casual day and I was out shopping with a friend - and despite having a minor meltdown while trying on a suit - I somehow thought it was a good idea to try for some jeans.

I used to love Levi's - but now they're my sworn enemy!!! For life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But luckily, the person I was with has the patience of a saint AND had taken valium. She right smartly got me out of the teenage stick figure shops and the first pair she picked up in a regular shop? fit. And they even make me look good! (Not that a 'person who shall not be named' will even notice or care. Well, it's hard to notice if you don't see me...)

God, I hope they never wear out because I don't think my friendship could withstand the strain a second time! Nor could I remain mentally sound...

I'm going to look hot tomorrow in my new jeans and funky new necklace (which was a 'make me feel better' present to me, from me). Might have to go a trolling....

4 Comments:

  • Isn't that the worse feeling, ripping pants??

    By Blogger The Humanity Critic, at 6:22 AM  

  • jeans shopping *is* hell. i'd take bra shopping over it anyday. glad your trip was successful! it's funny how we all have a certain shop that fits our body just right.

    i'm also for make me feel better presents. 'cept mine usually involve chocolate...

    By Blogger Lissa, at 2:26 PM  

  • I would like to prescribe chocolate as the antidote to the jean stress. Velvet Crumble eaten with your feet up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:27 PM  

  • the humanity critic:it's definitely the worst sound...

    dodge:"coin slot"? Classic! (Regular shop - re:frumpy old woman shop...)

    lissa:Bra shopping's better? Uggh. I think that deserves a coin toss... I love chocolate - but it's not the right feel better present when you're feeling fat....

    raymond: ...but if it were, Violet Crumble would be on the Top 10 list

    By Blogger lala, at 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home