Canadian Down Under

Monday, September 11, 2006

Sleeping

So... I was a little annoyed at my brother the other day (what else is new?) See - I've been home from Ireland for quite a few weeks and hadn't heard from him- which if you're one of my other two brothers is not unusual at all - but for him (or should I say his wife?) - it's unusual to not have heard from him.

So I waited him out for a week.

Then it was almost two and I realised I was about to miss my niece's birthday so I was going to have to bite the bullet and call. (Stubbornness is NOT a family trait.... Yeah right.)

Anyway, I called. I chatted to my sister-in-law (always great to catch up with her), then talked to my niece and wished her a happy birthday. She's so cute - she was in the middle of a pajama party and did stop to say hello - but you could tell she was itching to get back to her friends (whom I could hear squealing and giggling in the background) so she passed me off to her dad lickity split!

He gets on the phone and the first thing he says? "Bout time you called me back you little bitch." (So..... my brother's Canadian, but lived in the Middle East for a number of years, followed by some time in England before moving to Australia - and its totally destroyed his accent. He doesn't really sound like he belongs to any country anymore, but when he said 'you little bitch' he sounded SO British that it was really quite funny.)

I'm like, "Call you back? What are you talking about?"

Apparently he DID call me when I got back to check in (like all good brothers should...) and ask how my trip was, but when I answered the phone, all I said was:

"Sleeping."

He told me to call him back when I was awake and I hung up the phone. Evidently he took that as an affirmative response (???) and was waiting for me to call. However, being ASLEEP, I didn't remember he called until he told me about the conversation.

Too funny.

Now, there's evidence to my claims that I'm not a morning person. Really, it's not just morning, I just don't like to wake up ever.. not even when I answer the phone...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home