Canadian Down Under

Sunday, November 05, 2006

So do you think I'm crazy?

Despite the fact that it was only about 15 degrees today, rainy and cold, I convinced a friend of mine to meet me for ice cream. (She's pregnant, so it really didn't take much effort.....)

She's a new friend really. Someone I met ages ago but we only knew each other to say hi (the smiling nod hello in pilates - an occasional joke to ease the pressure of our tough teachers....) I ran into her one night when I went to see a movie - I was on my own so she took mercy on me and included me in her group.

Since then, we've met up for coffee....Actually we've never met up for anything other than ice cream. Originally we had planned to take kick boxing lessons, but I broke my elbow, then she realised she was pregnant....so ice cream it is.

Anyway (this is the longest intro to a story I think I've ever written) it was too cold to hang out on the beach so we headed back to my place and ate our ice cream, drank tea and chatted for hours (how nice is it to have a girlfriend to hang out with again????) She reminds me so much of my best friend from back home - same sense of humour and laissez-faire attitude - an anomaly to many of the Australian female friends I've made....

But I digress.... (I know I use that term a lot - but it's been a while - and it really works sometimes!!)

We got to talking and trading stupid stories and at one point she was laughing so hard she could barely spit out "You say you're not crazy, but I'm beginning to wonder."

It made me stop. She's so easy to talk to and reminds me so much of the type of friends I have at home, that perhaps I went too far? Was I too relaxed? Should I not have told her the story? The story where I completely lost my cool and picked a fight with a completely unsuspecting stupid male? (I should add defenseless to that descriptive list...) I know I made her laugh - but maybe you need to be better friends before you really reveal your inner self.

So - you guys have seen my inner self - do you think I'm crazy?

2 Comments:

  • So - you guys have seen my inner self - do you think I'm crazy?

    Get in line, sister...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:43 PM  

  • Okay - now you're going to have to call me stupid, but I don't understand. (Remember, I've been Australianised...) Does that mean you think I am crazy?

    By Blogger lala, at 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home