Canadian Down Under

Sunday, November 12, 2006

I'm such a baby

I have a touch of the lurgy. And know what I did? I called my mother.

I'm such a baby. No matter how old I get, if I get sick, the first thing I do is call my mother. I don't know why - she's a retired nurse - and she's a typical nurse. Meaning she has no sympathy for the sick.... Why do I call? Beyond me, but it's an impulse I can't control.....

People at work have been complaining of stomach bug. I've been good at avoiding most of the diseases floating around the office of late, but yesterday my belly hurt a little, but I ignored it because it was the first hot, sunny weekend in a while and I had a new bikini that absolutely needed to go to the beach.

Felt good enough even to go for a bike ride. (The first one since 'the incident'.) Was worried that perhaps my arm wasn't strong enough to cope with the constant leaning from riding, but that was the least of my worries.... About halfway through the ride (yes, the furthest point from home) I had to dismount because the hill was just TOO hard. Stood with one foot still in clips, but then thought twice about that. Once unclipped, decided I really needed to sit on the curb - which then led to me needing to lie down on the grass of some stranger's house.

Nope. No one asked me if I was okay. Eventually I sat up again and slowly biked home.

Now, I am lazy, but I usually manage to finish bike rides and/or exercise without needing a little lie down...

Been lying down ever since. With the exception of going out to rent some DVDs (Sunday afternoon television really sucks....)

I really am a baby. Good news is I'm finally starting to feel better. Well, until I started watching the special 'Abba Mania' here.

It's a train wreck I can't turn away from! Will post on that later....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home