Canadian Down Under

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I am SOOOO domestic

Tonight as I was getting stuff ready for work tomorrow, I decided that perhaps a few of my shirts needed a little ironing. (This is momentous - as I am SERIOUSLY allergic to ironing.)

So all noble and self-righteous-like I get my laundry underway after I've pulled out the ironing board and plugged in the iron. I mean - hey - if you're going to iron you might as well make an evening of domestication..

First shirt out of the block? I iron the sleeves, the collar, the two fronts without incident. But then it was time for the back and you know what happened? I burnt a hole in it!

I BURNT A HOLE IN IT!!!!

How did that happen? I barely touched the shirt! I didn't change the temperature setting. I didn't add steam. In essence - I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT!!

Ughgh. Luckily it was the shirt that I've been debating for months as to whether I should keep it or give it away. However, instead of being donated to the Salvos, its now sitting in the bin.

So I got out my old iron - the one that barely works - because I decided that the one I was using is possessed. The rest of the ironing was finished grumpily but sans incident.

Domestication is sooo not for me.

4 Comments:

  • Crap! Iron marks really suck! I guess at least it didnt catch on fire :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:38 PM  

  • Ironing? What the hell were you thinking? Be like me -- I moved two ironing boards from the old to new house and guess what I marked them .. basement! You know, the dark, damp unfinished place where I rarely go!! Lynne

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:22 PM  

  • I've done that before!!! You're not alone. :)

    By Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com, at 11:06 AM  

  • Is that why you have not blogged for a week? There's no use crying over burnt shirts...

    By Blogger Gwyn, at 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home