Canadian Down Under

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Why Monster is a good name...

I kinda thought that perhaps a kitten/cat would actually help to reduce the number of bugs I see. (Hey - this is Sydney - no way to get rid of them completely....) Although not the only nor main reason I got the little MONSTER (it's capitals tonight, let me tell you), the idea that she might capture/kill/scare off bugs held a certain appeal for me.

Boy was I wrong!

What I've discovered this week, that instead of getting rid of bugs, what she actually likes to do is hang out on my balcony, catch some live suckers and bring them in!!!!

We had a little discussion (her and I) about this just last night, but apparently the message didn't get through the curly whiskers. Because tonight, it wasn't just that she brought in a bug - she brought in the hugest, most hideous cockroach.

I nearly had heart failure. (For those of you who may have been reading for a while - you don't need for me to explain why....)

Apparently I named her well.

No amount of curling up on my lap and cutely purring is going to atone for this one tonight....

3 Comments:

  • Oh man. I hope the darkness is lifting and that this bug thing is an anomaly. Thinking about you!

    Jen

    By Blogger Gwyn, at 5:01 AM  

  • I want a pet!!! Kittens are so cute. :)

    By Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com, at 12:48 PM  

  • It almost makes me prefer that a cat bring in a live rodent and kill it in the house.

    Almost.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home