Canadian Down Under

Monday, April 30, 2007

I'm upset

I've been watching Gilmore Girls lately. Been watching like an addict. I don't know how it started, but I've watched Seasons 1 through 5 on DVD and now I'm watching Season 6.

(Please note - the debate as to whether this classifies as crap tv is not relevant here. An addiction is an addiction and the quality of the drug is moot.)

So I have to say - I was so happy that Luke and Lorelai got together. I really liked the way Luke looked at Lorelai. Perhaps its the state of my woebegone love life - (is it possible to have a less than non-existant love life?) that has hooked me. Imagining that maybe one day some guy will look at me like that seems to be sustaining me.

Wow - how sad is that?

But I'm upset. Know why? It seems like their relationship has hit a few bumps. I was so worried about it I looked up the episode synopsis for the rest of the season - discovered that indeed its true, they DO break up. In fact, in the next season Lorelai ends up married to someone else.

Married!!!!!!

How could that happen? They were meant to be together!!! If it can't work for them, then there really is no hope for me.....

I'm upset.

2 Comments:

  • Ah, yes. You are right to be upset. Luke & Lorelai's relationship has been a running theme in my hopes for the future. I don't know how much you've seen, and I don't want to give too much away. So I won't say anymore.

    -TimK

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:00 AM  

  • I always rooted for her to get together with Rory's dad. But I jsut could not get over the plaid shirt and backwards ball cap thing with Luke. But I still have hopes that I can one day open up my own B&B in Star's Hollow. (It does exist right - just like Ed's Stuckeyville!)

    By Blogger Gwyn, at 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home