Canadian Down Under

Saturday, June 09, 2007

What teams are they?

I have another commercial question (yes, I confess, I watch a lot of tv....)

So - here in Australia, the CPA organisation has been running ads - undoubtedly to increase their numbers. Generally they're about some exotic locale and how transferable those skills are....

Anyway - they even have one about Canada. There's this story line about how the guy goes to Canada - specifically Toronto. So of course all the scenes involve something to do with snow and how cold it is. They even show clips of NHL games. Now the thing is - and this is my question - I can't figure out what teams are playing. Although I have a sneaking suspicion that NONE of the teams are Canadian teams.

Hey - the guy is suppose to be in Toronto - but I gotta tell you - not one of those teams in the ad are the Leafs.

I'm going to get to the bottom of this. If I'm right - I'm complaining.

Imagine running an ad about how great Canada is and then only show American teams playing!!!!

A new level of offensiveness....

2 Comments:

  • You said, "Imagine running an ad about how great Canada is and then only show American teams playing!!!!"

    What would be wrong with that?!?! :)

    By Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com, at 11:20 AM  

  • I just hope it wasn't a Texas team. Personally I think Ice Hockey is for more northern climes. Ice Hockey in Texas, while it is obviously doable, is like Jamaican Bobsledding.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home