Canadian Down Under

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I am so obnoxious

I was just going to post 'Happy Birthday to me' and that's it - but my obsession/excitement over my birthday has escalated this year - and I just have to tell you about it.

So normally I post a two-week warning - but I seem to have lost the plot this year and forgot. However, I have been telling people at work for the last week or so. Every day I did a countdown so they wouldn't possibly forget.

But I went a little over the top today - as I was getting in the elevator to go home, I noticed there was already a man in the lift. I kind of said hi before realising it was the bank's CEO -whom I've never met before.

He was very nice - told me about his evening where he was going to 'The Lodge' for dinner with the Prime Minister. He asked if I wanted to go in his place. My reply?

"Well, thanks for the offer, but it's my birthday today and I'd rather not spend it with John Howard."

I think I'm a birthday whore.
Is there such a thing????

3 Comments:

  • Happy Birthday!!! :)

    By Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com, at 10:49 PM  

  • you're not! or maybe it's just that I am too. I had my birthday at the end of MArch, and I posted three different times about my present - and then I'm working on a post about the cakes that i still haven't posted, and a more "philosophical" post about birthdays in general and you get the point :)
    Cheers and happy birthday!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:08 PM  

  • Happy birthday. I'd say something sarcastic but, you know, it's your birthday.

    By Blogger Gwyn, at 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home