Canadian Down Under

Friday, September 07, 2007

5 nice things

I was at work the other day and came across a notebook that I'd forgotten about - I'd labelled it "5 things". When I saw it I actually cringed before I opened it.

See - the month before I left I wasn't a very happy camper but it was the residue from earlier events and with the start of a new job I knew everything was going to be okay but I still couldn't get out of the funk I was in. So what I did was make myself write 5 'nice' or 'good' things about myself every day - theory being was that would help remind me about how good life actually was.


To be honest - it was a good but slightly hokey idea so it never really took hold. But I did manage to do my list for a few weeks.


So you can imagine that coming up with 5 nice things about myself is pretty tough for someone as sarcastic and self-deprecating as I am - which is why I cringed when I saw the book. I have since ripped out the pages so that no one finds it when I'm gone or searches through my desk after some tragic accident (can you just imagine what they'd think?????)


I still have the pages and I re-read them this morning and its quite funny actually. I apparently was having a tough time coming up with things because instead of coming of with 5 nice things every day, I apparently decided I had to come up with 5 new things each day. A random sampling:

  • my zits healed
  • I like to complete things
  • I look good in navy
  • I'm nice to animals
  • I'm good at small talk
  • I'm organised
  • My cat loves me
  • I have nice hand writing
  • I knew I was having a tough go - but really didn't realise how tough......

    (Feel free to laugh - because I am)

    1 Comments:

    • Don't forget you have friends around the world who want to feed you and buy you stuff.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:42 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home