Canadian Down Under

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Body Types

I was having dinner the other night with this guy and for some reason (and for the life of me, I don't know how I let this happen) conversation turned to a discussion on body types.

He described to me that there are three basice body types which are as follows:

The ECTOMORPH

Definitive "Hard Gainer"
Delicate Built Body
Flat Chest
Fragile
Lean
Lightly Muscled
Small Shouldered
Takes Longer to Gain Muscle
Thin

The extreme ectomorph physique is a fragile and delicate one. The bones are light, joints are small and muscles are slight. The limbs are relatively long in proportion and the shoulders droop. The ectomorph is a linear physique. Straight up and straight down, and may appear longer than he or she really is, due to the length of limbs coupled with lack of muscle mass developed on those limbs. The ectomorph is not naturally powerful and will have to work hard for every ounce of muscle and every bit of strength he or she can gain.

The MESOMORPH
Athletic
Hard Body
Hourglass Shaped (Female)
Rectangular Shaped (Male)
Mature Muscle Mass
Muscular Body
Excellent Posture
Gains Muscle Easily
Gains Fat More Easily Than Ectomorphs
Thick Skin

The mesomorph has well-defined muscles and large bones. The torso tapers to a relatively narrow and low waist. The bones and muscles of the head are prominent. Features of the face are clearly defined, such as cheek bones and a square, heavy jaw. The face is long and broad, and is cubicle in shape. Arms and legs are developed and even the digits of the hand are muscled.

The ENDOMORPH
Soft Body
Underdeveloped Muscles
Round Physique
Weight Loss is Difficult
Gains Muscle Easily

The body of the extreme endomorph is round and soft. The physique presents the illusion that much of the mass has been concentrated in the abdominal area. This may or may not be true. The arms and legs of the extreme endomorph are short in length and taper. This may give the appearance of stalkiness. The hands and feet of the endomorph are comparatively small, and the upper arms and thighs are often more developed than the lower parts of the arms or legs. The body has a high waist.

So after he describes all the different types to me, he looks at me and says "You're an endomorph."

Can you hear the ensuing deafening silence at that table?

Needless to say I didn't order dessert.

So tell me - basically he called me fat right?

(P.S. I've decided I'm a mesomorph. Hourglass is the only way to describe me...)

5 Comments:

  • Um

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:17 AM  

  • Tell me something: Was the ambulance able to get to him in time or did he bleed to death after shooting off his foot?

    I'd say subconsciously he knew he didn't deserve you and showed it by this obvious over the top faux pas.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:22 AM  

  • Okay - for the record, I love you both.

    My friend's here refuse to comment....

    By Blogger lala, at 8:01 PM  

  • xoxo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:46 PM  

  • One should never peak on the first date.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home