Canadian Down Under

Friday, February 01, 2008

A quick update...

I've had the flu - did I tell you?

I thought I was dying. My fever was so bad that cold showers weren't breaking it and I got to the point that I thought it would be a good idea to shave my head as a way to make my head cooler.

Thankfully I was to0 sick to actually stand up and do that. I have since been told that if I had actually managed to shave my head I would have gained a new nickname: Britney...

I digress. So since the flu, I have been working lots right off the back of my near death experience (I am SUCH a drama queen) - and as a result, I've been tired.

Too tired.
For just about anything.

But I made a change this week. I started a herbal program. It can be used for weight loss but I don't believe in replacing real food, so I'm just doing the energy, herbal stuff.

And you know what? It's made a difference. I'm still a little tired, but nowhere near how I've felt the last few weeks. And you know what? I've discovered that when you're exhausted your general disposition suffers...

Explains why I've been so grumpy.

So my recent improvement coupled with a heart to heart I had with my doctor has convinced me that I'm not at risk for depression, but I do need to make some changes because I need to not be such a stress bucket.

So I started this week (along with the herbs). I leave work at a fairly decent hour (not early - but I'm working on that) and I've set some boundaries on something that's been knocking me off-kilter recently. (Yes I'm being cryptic - but that's all you're getting!)

So its been less than a week, but it seems to be working so far. Will keep you posted.

1 Comments:

  • Hope you are feeling better!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home