Canadian Down Under

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Maybe its finally time...

I just saw it on tv - John Mellencamp is coming to Sydney!!

Now, I know this is showing mmy age and all - but in high school - back when he was John Cougar - he was all that. I know the words to all his songs (okay - not hard really...) but you know it was him, the Boss and the Eagles for me in high school (its amazing how cool I was...)

Anyway - me and a John Cougar/Mellencamp concert never worked. The first time, the gang from high school got a block of tickets - we had drinks first before the concert - and seeing I was only 16 drinking with the 17 and 18 year olds - by the time I got to the concert I was so drunk I had to be taken home (my boyfriend at the time was so NOT impressed..)

The next year I got tickets again - but then the exam schedule came out and I had an exam the next day (absolutely no dice from my parents on getting a pass for that...)

And its just never worked.

I don't have anyone to go with - but I'm thinking I'm going to have to buy a couple tickets anyway. At worst I could probably con my brother into coming to Sydney...

I think its time.

1 Comments:

  • If I lived in Sydney, I would be so there with you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home