Canadian Down Under

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"You're looking good"

So - I'm not sure how this happens exactly - but you know sometimes in life you're just travelling along, minding your own business and the world decides to be nice to you.

Well, its been happening to me lately.

I really noticed it yesterday (will get to that part soon) - but I guess it actually started when I was back in Canada. How nice were my friends to me? Feeding me. Offering me places to stay. Letting me talk with little to no interruption..... (Come on - admit it - some of you laughed at that one...)

But it became really apparent yesterday when wherever I went people would start by saying "what have you been doing - you're looking really good" and then following up with even more compliments and positive things. I mean a one-off can happen here and there - but yesterday it seemed like everyone I crossed paths with was telling me that.

And the thing is - I didn't make any kind of special effort yesterday - and in fact spent most of the day in workout clothes (which you have to admit, unless you're a supermodel - there's very few people that can look good in those - or at least that's what I keep telling myself).

So there you have it. Apparently I'm lookin good.

Nice to know.

Want to know what I think? Strange events (though not to the extent of yesterday) happen when I return from Canada. Maybe its because I'm rested and relaxed or more probably because going home helps to rejuvenate me - but there seems to be a direct correlation to returning from Canada and positive feedback from the world around me.

Hmmm, I could think about this more - but I think I may just accept that I'm looking good and leave it at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home