Canadian Down Under

Monday, March 21, 2005

I spent last night in the play pen

Sounds exciting and exotic, doesn't it? Well... it was fun - but probably not in the way you're thinking.... I went for a swim in the ocean last night and the waves were HUGE!! Haven't quite got the hang of body surfing - but I'm working on it. Living right next to Manly Beach - not only of the nicest beaches in Sydney, but also a great surf beach - I should have plenty of opportunity to practice. However, it can be a little rough for swimmers - except for - you guessed it - the playpen.

I love to go for a swim in the surf in the early evenings on the weekends and sometimes after work, if I get home in time. The only thing is, if you swim at those times - they are no lifeguards on the beach; but, there are usually other people swimming - so I figure, being a strong swimmer and all - its ok to go on my own. Still, although having done my best to reassure myself, I still had the little niggle of doubt as to whether it really is safe on my own.

That is, until I heard they called my corner of the beach the playpen. Now, no niggle of fear. IT'S ALL GOOD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home