Canadian Down Under

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Going Commando

can be a risky affair, but I still can't resist... Must be the beach culture influence of my adopted home. (Actually, no, that's not true, I've always had a penchant for going commando...)

Now, permanent commando really isn't cool. What's cool is that it's a random thing, usually transpiring in a casual atmosphere, but its most cool when when it spontaneously happens in a non-casual atmosphere. Like today.

Got home from work and had already decided in my head what I was having for supper: tomato soup (still not 100% over my flu, so decided tonight was a night for 'feel better' food). Got in my flannel pajamas (it's a cool evening tonight), headed into the kitchen and opened the cupboards to discover I only had cream of chicken soup. Now - for once - I do have a fairly full fridge so I could have made myself something else for dinner, but my heart (and stomach) was set on tomato - so to the store I went.

Luckily for me there is a grocery store in the bottom of my building so usually I can just zip down in whatever I'm wearing, but even for me, flannel pajamas is just a little too casual. So what did I do? I quickly slipped on the pants I had worn to work (my top luckily matched my work pants so the change was minimal effort) but I just didn't feel like taking out another pair of underwear and there was no way that I was going to dig through my dirty clothes hamper....

Commando. It's been so long since I've gone commando. (Now if you feel this is too much information for you.... get over it - this is still a PG rated blog site) It's usually only northern Ontario cottage country that inspires it, but tonight it was just laziness. Still, walking through the grocery aisles I experienced that feeling of rebellious freedom. You know the feeling - it happens when you know you're doing something non-conformist but you're the only one who knows you're doing it.... It puts a secret smile on your face.

A secret smile that people smile back at.... Or, are they smiling because I forgot to do up my zipper??

A discreet glance down with a subtle feel on the zipper. Nope. All is locked up tight. The secret smile returned accompanied by a bashful blush. People around me were no longer smiling back - in fact they were taking small steps away thinking (at least, this is what I imagined they were thinking in my paranoid mind...) "why is that girl smiling so strangely to herself? it looks like she just felt herself up... think I'll go down the next aisle..."
But no matter, despite the fear of being found out, the feeling of freedom was worth the price of alienating my fellow shoppers....

Ahhh, the thrill of commando....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home