Canadian Down Under

Sunday, April 24, 2005

It's not writer's block....

it's short term memory loss.

I come up with the greatest things to write about. I just come up with them at the wrong time and the wrong place.

Take tonight for instance. I was on my way home from dinner and I can remember being really enthused about what I was going to write about. I even laughed a couple of times to myself while I composed some sentences in my head. But now, can I remember those sentences? No. Can I even remember the topic? Nada.

I've taken to having writing pads handy at work and at home and a pen nearby so I can jot the topics down and maybe the odd sentence or two, but now, instead of thinking of things at work or at home, I now think of things while in the car, on the ferry, walking to work - or like the other evening - in the hallway outside my apartment as I was leaving. That time I even went so far as to go back inside and write it down. But by the time I got in, I had forgotten, so I stubbornly refused to leave until I remembered what it was. 10 minutes later I did, but then I was less than convinced that it was really going to be all that interesting as a blog entry.

I think my mind is working against me. I think it doesn't want me to be a writer. Or could it be my fear subconsciously working against me?? (Okay - that last comment was meant to be a joke... but sometimes I wonder)

So if I won't give up writing, maybe I should look into taking some herbal remedies to improve my memory. Now, if only I could remember what they were.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home