Canadian Down Under

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Your worst nightmare

A female colleague and I had a meeting with a couple of guys from the IT department.

Now, I say IT department, you think geek, right? Well, if that's what you're thinking, you'd be so wrong!! One of the guys was totally yummy - so yummy that my colleague and I were silently competing over who could say the most interesting thing, who could be the most charming, who could be the most witty - all in all, who could be the most attractive to him.

After the meeting I'm sitting at my desk and my colleague calls and asks if I got her email. I didn't, so we had a chat instead, mostly talking about how yummy the guy was - which in essence is what her email said. After a few minutes, she asked me to check my email again, but it still hadn't arrived. She hadn't kept a copy of her sent mail, so we figured it probably just never got sent.

I didn't think anymore about it and was heading from work to the ferry when my mobile rang. It was my colleague, she was laughing, but mortified. Apparently the email did get sent - just not to me. It seems her subconscious went into overdrive, so instead of writing an email about him and sending it to me, she wrote an email about him and sent it - yup, you guessed it - to HIM!!

Well at least she has a sense of humour about it....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home