Canadian Down Under

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My 15 minutes

I was going to write about this on the day, but I'm too excited about my potential 15 minutes to save up the story until then....

See, January 26th is Australia Day. And on Australia Day this year I officially become an Australian citizen. (I think they give me a commemorative plant or something.)

Apparently the local council gave my name to the a local reporter and I was just interviewed about the upcoming ceremony.

HOW EXCITEMENT!!

The funny thing is though - for all my literary genius - I seemed at a complete loss for words as to describe why I wanted to become a citizen. Last time I was interviewed by a paper, I was 10 years old and despite taking 17 rolls of pictures, none appeared in the paper and I wasn't even mentioned.

Will let you know if that happens again.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home