Canadian Down Under

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Cutting off my nose....

So tomorrow's the triathlon. I'm heading up in a few hours to go pick up my colleague, then we'll be spending the night in Newcastle (from all accounts it's an old coal town - doesn't have the best rep so I'm intrigued...) and Sunday morning is the event.

The event where I'm be participating only as a cheerleading/moral supporting friend.

Why?

Well, a few reasons - but mostly because I don't have a bike. See - fuckwit has friends that do triathlons/bike races etc and he had arranged for me to borrow someone's bike, but after telling me he only wanted to be friends, I responded to his offer of the bike (note - that was in the same email. Men are so fucked) by saying something along the lines of "I'd rather crawl the bike leg of the race than ride it on a bike you got me."

Seemed logical at the time, but today my face is feeling a tad spited. (Yeah, I know that's not a real word, but work with me!)

I've never not done a race before, no matter how unprepared. It's a very strange feeling. I'm happy to cheer on my friend (it's her first race) but some small part of me still feels like a quitter....

1 Comments:

  • Been fixed. Can't let fuckwit take down the blog!

    By Blogger lala, at 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home