Canadian Down Under

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A Laura special

So I get home today after a long day at work.... (oh yeah, I'm laughing...) Well, that's if you call getting your eyebrows done hard work... Mind you, I did do that after 5.

Anyway, I was supposed to go for a run tonight, but my running partner bailed. I was going to go on my own, but I started to think about what I'd like for dinner - and the image of 3 Duck Spice played about in my head and the lure of their takeaway food took control. I have postponed my run to Friday (Thursday is swim day) and decided to eat my heart out tonight.

Buoyed with excitement, I hurriedly stripped off my suit and pulled on my running shorts and Canada shirt. (It's my favourite shirt - got it from Roots while home - it's white with silver writing: Canada across the chest with "true north, strong & free" on the sleeve) Yeah, yeah, I know I wasn't going running - but wearing the running shorts counts for something doesn't it????

So, I order my food and stand by the counter waiting. Just behind me and to my right are tables and I kind of do some people watching to kill time. The man from the couple to my right gets up to order some drinks from the counter and while he's there, the woman he was having dinner with says:

"Hey, you."

I look around and see her bending her finger at me. You know the way you mother used to when you were a kid when she wanted you to come over? I kind of do the 'me?' thing and she nods 'yes'. I edge over to her table and she says to me, "is that a tag hanging from you shirt.... " and her voice tails off as I quizzically look at her while reaching for the back of my shirt when it dawns on me....and at the same time, it dawns on her.....

We both start to laugh.

My shorts are inside out.

Her husband comes back and she whispers to him that I'm weaing my shorts inside out. (Thanks. Not.) So I stage whisper, "just don't tell anyone else." He whispers back, "your secret is safe with me."

I walk home with my shirt pulled as far down over my ass as possible.

Someone's going to enrol me in a 'special' program soon....

1 Comments:

  • I have no defense. Sometimes I just find it too much effort to pay attention....and on days like this one, I pay the price!

    By Blogger lala, at 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home