Canadian Down Under

Monday, March 27, 2006

Lonely

Yesterday I was a little out of sorts. Restless. Kind of itchy in my own skin.

Today, it transformed itself into true grumpiness, which at first I labeled as Monday-itis, but I think it goes much deeper than that.

You know the funny thing is I had a pretty good weekend. I went for a long walk on a gorgeous day, had time for some errands that I've been meaning to do forever - the fun kind, went to a movie with friends and went to the beach among other things. All in all a relaxing, but quite enjoyable weekend.

Except I finished the weekend grumpy and I think I've figured out why. I think - for the first time in I don't know how long, I've actually been a little lonely.
And it's not that I'm alone. It's not that I have no friends. It's just this weekend, I felt the absence of that someone special. How I can feel the absence of something I can barely recall is beyond me, but in the interests of honesty - I felt it.
This from a girl who can pick herself up and move halfway across the world without anyone else. This from a girl who can travel alone for months. This from a girl who prefers to live on her own.
Didn't know what to do with myself tonight, so I went for a run. Now I'm too tired to feel anything.
Tonight's bedtime mantra is going to be: "and this too shall pass". Wish me luck

4 Comments:

  • Good luck sweetie!!

    You're not a lone. I don't think there's a single person on the planet who doesn't feel lonely from time to time.

    By Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com, at 5:15 PM  

  • HUGS FROM HOME!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:39 AM  

  • oops .. HUGS FROM CANADA!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:40 AM  

  • Thanks! You guys are the best!

    And Lynne - don't worry - i consider myself a person with two homes now...

    By Blogger lala, at 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home