Canadian Down Under

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A Classic!

Went to a meeting today that was being held on my old floor (moved floors about 6 weeks ago).

As I cruised down the hallway on the way to the meeting room (late as always....) one of the admin assistants I know was using a file cabinet nearby - so as I whizzed past, I said hello.

To be honest, she looked a little stunned and I couldn't figure out why - until suddenly I heard her exclaim ' Oh Laura - I didn't recognise you!'

Perplexed, as I hadn't really been gone all that long, I said "I haven't changed that much!"

She responded, "But you look different. You look good!"


Classic.

2 Comments:

  • Too funny! This is exactly the sort of comment that my mother makes on a regular basis. I'm glad you're thankful for yours!

    By Blogger venitha, at 2:50 PM  

  • That was passive agression at its best...it creates one of those "I should have replied...." moments- 10 minutes later!

    By Blogger gb, at 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home