Canadian Down Under

Monday, September 11, 2006

UP then down.....

And all since I got home from work!!!!!

So the UP? Well - after physio I was planning my post and I was going to make some reference to my 'good attitude'. See the phsyio is so impressed with my progress and she claims its all down to my amazingly good attitude. Which is great - it's just it makes me laugh because I'm usually being reprimanded on my bad attitude.

So what happened next?

Well, as a result of last week's "organise my life" extravaganza, I had an appointment with a fitness trainer and tonight was the 'getting acquainted' meeting. What I didn't realise was that this meant I had to step on scale, was subjected to a measuring tape and also had to wear a heart monitor.

I managed to not look at the measuring tape numbers, but I couldn't help but look at the scale.

Ughh.

I think the numbers are wrong. I mean, I've been fatter in my life (read bigger clothes size) but I've never seen numbers quite that high. And here I was feeling pretty good before I set out!! Even thought perhaps I had lost a few pounds since Ireland - despite having been a slug on my couch since I broke my elbow.

But no.

THEN to add insult to injury, the heart rate test came back below average. Below average?? How is that possible?????? I know I haven't been doing much over the last two months, but generally I do pilates and swim once a week. And before 'the elbow incident' I was either doing a run or a bike ride every weekend.

If I'm below average than how do these other people in my office fare? You know the ones that smoke, eat bad food and look like they weigh too much? (I swear - no matter what the numbers say - I don't look fat!)


Man oh man! This is one bitch of a rollercoaster!!!

2 Comments:

  • IGNORE the scale. In general, those things are depressing. I don't know ANYONE who has jumped on one and screamed, "Wow, I weigh *less* than I thought I would."

    FBC

    By the way ... my comments on your site keep dissappearing. Am I messing it up when I try to hit the publish button or are you deleting them? ;)

    By Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com, at 8:57 AM  

  • You mean they didn't use the caliper? That's the worst. They grab all your flabby parts and pinch them to measure your body fat. Worse than swimsuit shopping.

    By Blogger venitha, at 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home