Canadian Down Under

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

It's a sickness

I've developed a new addiction (as if the first one wasn't bad enough....) and it's not a good one.....
I'm a little ashamed to admit it.....
But here goes:

I have become addicted to watching old episodes (on DVD) of McLeod's Daughters.

There. I said it. I'll just wait for the laughter to die down before I continue....
....
....
....
....
Okay - enough already!!!!!

For those of you who don't know what it's all about, here's a synopsis:

McLeod's Daughters tells the story of the two McLeod sisters who are reunited when they inherit a vast outback cattle property. Thrown together after 20 years apart they pull together an all-female workforce and, with an abundance of heart and humour, commit to an extraordinary life at Drovers Run, 180km from the nearest town and 400km from the city.

The women of Drovers Run share the same dreams that all women share. They could be our friends or our sisters. They just happen to live in an extraordinary place, a place that will
allow them to be who they are ... heroines.

Yeah, its crap at its crappiest - and I gotta tell you? I love it. Almost every program makes me cry at some point. You should have seen the one where one of the main characters die (I won't tell you which one in case you decide its something you want to explore on your own....). I bawled!! Literally bawled. Did the whole sit on my couch with a box a kleenex and sniffled and sobbed and chest heaved my way through it.

Man - maybe this is just a cheap form of therapy for me, but I can't stay away!!

I even started adopting some of the Australian outback lingo from the show, like: Righto, Goodo. I've even tried it out at work.

They laughed.

Hard.

Then told me to give it up.

I'm now beginning to think about trying out to be a Jilleroo.....

Okay, not really, but maybe I should put it on my list of things to do before I die..... Well, if the men in the show are any indication of how hot outback men are, I may give it a shot. Then I may have to reassess the feedback I gave Stolie on Australian men.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home