Canadian Down Under

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Yeah me!!

Did my first triathlon today in over 8 years.

Despite it being very short (they call it an 'enticer') - I'm exhausted and I've been fighting a migraine all day as a result (neck issues....) which I believe is a battle I might just be losing...

Anyway, I did it. I'm proud of myself because I was much better on the bike than I remember - but absolutely woeful on the run. Not bad for an old doll whose not only broken her arm in the last 6 months, but has also thrown her back out three separate times in the last year...

I'd love to be able to use the above historical injuries as an excuse for my woeful showing - but the truth is, there was no pain in the arm or the back or the neck (well, until now...) I was just to tired to run. But I managed to shuffle my way to the finish line in a fairly respectable manner - giving me plenty of motivation to improve before the next one in March!

Lots has been happening - so sorry for not posting (or answering emails...). I've had visitors - but will write soon.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home