Canadian Down Under

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Gentle...

A few years ago, I went to the beach one late Saturday afternoon and went body surfing for a couple of hours. It was one of those really great days.



On my way back from the beach I stopped at the local gourmet pizza joint and got myself an early dinner. What's great about where I live, is I rocked up to the pizza joint in a sarong and t-shirt, with my soaking wet hair still dripping and no one batted an eyelid. Well, no one was concerned that I was underdressed, but someone did kind of bat an eyelid..it was the guy behind the counter.



This guy suits the description of 'happy-go-lucky'. He seemed a little flirtatious - asking me about my swim - but I kind of assumed that he was just being nice, that it was just his customer service persona. But I didn't really give it too much thought - it was just a nice end to a nice afternoon.



As time went by I did see him a few times (they make really good pizza....) and each time he was just as friendly and happy to see me. Always a bright smile - contagious in that you just had to smile back.



Saw him a few weeks back at the new Mexican place. Had a bit of chat before my dinner partner showed up, which was nice. Anyway, went there again the other night with a different friend of mine and while we were having dinner he came up to chat. Know what he said about me? He says to my friend, "isn't she lovely? she's just such a gentle soul."



How sweet was that?

And how hard was my friend laughing? (Seriously...)



But I was (and still am) flattered. I think that ranks up there with one of the nicest thing anyone's said to me.



I also think he's very perceptive, because contrary to what my friend thought, I think he's mostly right..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home