Canadian Down Under

Sunday, November 09, 2008

My night

The other night I was out with a bunch of people and I had a really good evening - but one thing is sticking with me...

You know when you're out with a group and conversations start with a small subset and people come in and out of the conversation and then it ends with a different group than when you started? Well, that happened the other night with one of the conversations I was having.

I don't even remember what I was talking about or exactly what I was saying - but the conversation ended with a different group of people - more specifically with one guy I work with. He's a nice guy - don't know him very well - but is someone that's quite smart, does a good job and is well-respected. To be honest - I didn't think he'd ever really noticed me before - and the only thing I did hear was that the only criticism I'd received during review sessions was from him. So all in all, didn't think I'd ever really hit his radar - or at least not in a positive way. Seemed a shame since he's one of a few that I do respect at work.

Anyway - seems yet again I got that a little wrong.

Back to what I was saying - this conversation ended with a final comment from this guy. I can't remember the exact words - but basically he was saying that I don't value myself enough and that ...ugghh... I'm having trouble remember exactly what he said - but it made me feel like I was special. (Please God - never let this guy ever read my blog...)

It was unsolicited.
It was charming.
It was appreciated.
It made my night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home