Canadian Down Under

Monday, December 08, 2008

I can't believe it

I got a call from my Mom today - it seems that my childhood friend died on Thursday.

She lived 3 doors away from me. She was a few years older (2) - yet we spent all of our summers together - see we were the two youngest of the 'gang' from our street. (We lived on a dead end street that only had about 6 houses on it)

My mom still lives on that street. Her parents still live on that street.
I haven't seen her in years. Partly because I now live halfway across the world - but also because as we grew up we grew apart. She was much more religious than me - which during my more rebellious years created quite a difference.

Irrespective - when she visited her mom we'd always catch up.

I just can't believe she died. It was sudden. Cancer.

She's married with two small children. She's never smoked, never drank - lived a healthy life.
It's just so unbelievable.

It just doesn't compute.

I will have to write her parents.

1 Comments:

  • I'm sorry for your loss.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home